I cooked up a storm last week and I have a lot of yummy recipes coming, but in the meantime, I wanted to post this quick snack that I made the other day.
I love popcorn and came up with this recipe after reading about a few truffle butter recipes online. Everything is better with a bit of white truffle oil – and popcorn is no exception!
By the way, if you normally eat microwave popcorn, you should read-up on the toxic chemicals that are used the coat the bags. As you can see below, it’s super easy it is to make popcorn at home on the stove – or better yet with an air popper (no fat). At pennies a bowl, it will save you a lot of money too!
White Truffle Popcorn
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- salt to taste
- Add the 3 tablespoons of oil to a large pot with a lid. Heat at medium high heat until the oil is watery and coats the entire base of the pot.
- Add the corn kernels and cover the pot with the lid. Shake the pot every 5-10 seconds, so that the kernels do not burn. You’ll begin to hear them popping – remove pot from heat when the popping slows down.
- Let the pot rest about 30 seconds before removing the lid, as some kernels may still pop.
- Heat the margarine in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add the truffle oil to the margarine and mix together. Pour mixture onto the popcorn and shake it for even distribution. Season with salt and serve.