Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- 2 ripe bananas (overripe is fine)
- 6 small dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter / sun butter)
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups quick cooking or rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wholewheat (wholemeal) flour
- 1 vegan egg (Ener-G egg replacer works well)
- dash cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C degrees.
- In a food processor, blend bananas, dates, peanut butter, soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients and stir-in liquid mixture and egg replacer until well combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake 13-15 minutes, or until done.
Adapted from Sugar-Free Vegan Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Banana Cookies, About.com.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2010/11/22/healthy-peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookie/