Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- 2 ripe bananas (overripe is fine)
- ⅔ cup applesauce (or apple baby food)
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter / sun butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking or rolled oats (use gluten-free, as needed)
- ¼ cup walnuts (or other nuts, or coconut)
- ¼ cup raisins (or chocolate chips, or more nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana into a thick paste. Add the applesauce, peanut butter, maple syrup, protein powder, vanilla and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Stir in the oats, nuts and raisins.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the sheet and bake 20 minutes*, or until slightly browned.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. May also be frozen and brought-out as needed.
*Bake for 20 minutes in a fan-forced/convection oven, or longer in a regular oven.
Inspired by Sugar-Free Vegan Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Banana Cookies, About.com.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2010/11/22/healthy-peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookie/