Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas (overripe is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 small dates, pitted
- 1 vegan egg (Ener-G egg replacer works well)
- 2 ½ cups quick cooking or rolled oats
- dash cinnamon
- 1/4 cup wholewheat (wholemeal) flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend bananas, peanut butter, soy milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and dates.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients and stir-in liquid mixture and egg replacer until well combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 13-15 minutes, or until done.
Adapted from Sugar-Free Vegan Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Banana Cookies, About.com.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://www.vegangela.com/2010/11/22/healthy-peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookie/