Easy Oven-Baked Tomato Risotto
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Main, Side
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 19-oz (540 mL) good-quality pasta sauce (OR 19-oz/540mL stewed tomatoes + 1 tbsp italian seasoning + 1 tsp sugar + 1tsp salt)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 150g baby spinach, about 8 cups
- Pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice until coated, then pasta sauce (or tomatoes), and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add broth (and seasonings, if using plain tomatoes), and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Transfer to oven-safe dish if necessary, and cover tightly. Bake in centre of oven until all liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in spinach.
- Optional: garnish with pine nuts and/or nutritional yeast.
Serves 3-4 mains, more if serving as a side dish
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2011/04/09/easy-baked-tomato-risotto/