Vegan Apple & Plum Crumble / Crisp
Recipe type: Dessert, Crumble, Crisp
- 6 large plums
- 2 large cooking apples
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups +1 tbsp wholewheat (wholemeal) flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or vegan margarine)
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- If using coconut oil and it is liquified, refrigerate it for about 5 minutes until it is the consistency of margarine / shortening.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a bowl and place in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Chop the fruit and place it in a saucepan with the sugar, lemon zest and Cinnamon.
- Simmer on low heat until the fruit is soft.
- Place in a 9×9″ oven-safe dish and top with the crumble topping.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top has browned.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver's Apple & Plum Crumble.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2011/05/06/apple-plum-crumble/