Black & White Bean Quinoa Salad
Recipe type: Salad, Side
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) quinoa
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced cucumbers
- ¼ cup (50 mL) diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (I’ve never used it and find the dish spicy enough for me, but feel free to add it if you like things hot!)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) vegetable oil (I use cold pressed extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- In saucepan of boiling salted ⅔ C water, cook quinoa until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Dressing: In large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add quinoa, black beans, navy beans, cucumber, onion, jalapeño pepper and coriander; toss to combine.
Source: Canadian Living magazine
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2011/06/17/spicy-black-white-bean-quinoa-salad/