Vegan Caesar Salad
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce (called “cos” lettuce in Australia)
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup soy mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 French baguette (or other thick bread such as sourdough or Focaccia – use gluten free if that’s an issue for you)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Cut the bread into small cubes, about 3 cm thick.
- Toss bread cubes with the olive oil and garlic, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes, stirring them around about halfway and watching that they don’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- Wash and dry lettuce, and tear it into bite-sized pieces. Place into a large salad bowl.
- Blend all other ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water, as needed, to achieve desired consistency.
- Add dressing and croutons to salad bowl and mix to distribute dressing evenly.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://www.vegangela.com/2011/06/21/vegan-ceasar-salad/