Fresh Tomato, Basil and Lemon Zucchini Pasta
Recipe type: Main, Entree
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 lb (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4-6 small zucchini (courgettes) (if possible, a mix of yellow and green ones, julienned into long pieces (or peeled lengthwise), enough to fill pasta bowls/plates for two people)
- freshly squeezed juice of ½ lemon
- fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add garlic, lemon zest, and chili flakes and cook for one minute.
- Add cherry tomatoes and zucchini, and cook for one minute.
- Add lemon juice, fresh basil, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://www.vegangela.com/2011/09/05/fresh-tomato-basil-and-lemon-zucchini-pasta/