Chocolate Banana Muffins with Chickpea Flour
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 vegan eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used raw sugar)
- 7 tbsp coconut oil, liquified
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 full tbsp vegan sour cream (or 2 tbsp soy yogurt + 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 1+1/2 cups besan (chickpea flour)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Whisk the egg replacer and sugar until fluffy before adding the coconut oil, sour cream (or soy yogurt + lemon juice) and mashed bananas.
- Stir very well – you can use an electric mixer but I just whisked it vigorously until completely combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the batter and stir until completely mixed.
- Fill greased/lined muffin cups completely to the edge. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes: 6-7 medium-size muffins.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://www.vegangela.com/2011/10/12/chocolate-banana-muffins-with-chickpea-flour/