Vegan Broccoli & Potato Soup
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets (about 1 head of broccoli)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garnish: chives, vegan sour cream (optional)
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the onions and garlic until tender, a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and potatoes to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce back to medium heat and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and thyme, and cover for 5 minutes, until fully steamed but still bright green.
- Puree the soup in a blender or with a stick blender. Season with salt and pepper and serve with chives and/or vegan sour cream, if desired.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2011/10/11/broccoli-potato-soup/