Vegan Wholewheat Pineapple Carrot Muffins
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Dessert, Breakfast, Snack
- 1 ½ cups wholewheat (wholemeal) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 vegan eggs (Ener-G egg replacer works well)
- 1 cup raw sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir well to blend.
- Beat vegan eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla in mixing bowl. Stir in flour mixture, pineapple and carrots, mixing until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fill well-greased muffin cups ¾ full.
- Combine brown sugar and nuts for topping. Sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2010/10/24/vegan-pineapple-carrot-muffins/