Vegan Mexican Chickpea Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex, Southwestern
- 19oz can chickpeas
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 whole green onions, sliced OR 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro (fresh coriander)
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Rise and drain the chickpeas, and add to the bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and toss until combined. Gently stir in the avocado (if using).
- Serve right away or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2011/11/11/mexican-chickpea-salad/