Vegan Mexican Chickpea Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex, Southwestern
- 19oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 whole green onions, sliced OR ⅓ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro (fresh coriander)
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and toss until combined.
- If using avocado, add just before serving. Can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2011/11/11/mexican-chickpea-salad/