Raw Pad Thai
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 3 large carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts or radish sprouts (spicy) (optional)
- ½ cup crushed peanuts (optional)
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander/cilantro (optional)
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup almond butter (or cashew butter, or a blend of both)
- ¼ cup tamari (gluten-free, as required)
- 2 tbsp agave (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger root, grated
- Use a spiralizer (or mandolin or vegetable peeler) to create noodles from the carrot and zucchini. Place them in a large mixing bowl and top with the other vegetables.
- Whisk sauce ingredients in a bowl. The sauce will be thick, but will thin out after it’s mixed with the vegetables.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and toss. Best after 1 day in the fridge.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2012/07/16/raw-pad-thai/