Maple Spiced Pecans
- 4 cups raw pecans
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Remove baking tray from oven and spread the nuts onto a large plate in a single layer, ideally not touching each other.
- Place plate in the fridge for 10 minutes (this cools the nuts and makes them extra crispy).
- The pecans can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container up one week.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2012/12/12/maple-spiced-pecans/