Mashed Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic & Chives
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Side
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 big cloves of roasted garlic (or 1 clove raw garlic)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Chop the head of cauliflower into small florets.
- Place cauliflower in a large pot and fill with just enough water to cover the florets.
- Bring the water to boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Steam until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower well.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl, and puree with potato masher or immersion (stick) blender.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://www.vegangela.com/2012/12/21/mashed-cauliflower-with-roasted-garlic-chives/