Here’s a directory of all the little tips and tricks that I’ve shared within my posts. I’ll be adding to this page every now and then, so stay tuned for new info. Let me know if you have any questions!
- Confused about some of the vegan ingredients mentioned on this site? Check out my What’s That section for information about some essential vegan ingredients.
- Whole nuts are often more expensive than those in smaller pieces, so if your recipe calls for chopped pecans/walnuts/peanuts, go ahead and buy them that way. You’ll save money and it will be less work for you!
- Fresh Shitake mushrooms can be expensive, and most dried mushrooms can be expensive at regular grocery stores or gourmet stores. Try Asian grocers instead – they’ll be a fraction of the cost and taste just as good.
DIY – Do It Yourself
There’s no need to buy expensive vegan versions of these kitchen staples. Learn to make them yourself – you’ll save money and feel good knowing what’s in them!
Here’s a collection of all my DIY recipes.
- I try to make a double batch of all my hot soups, my quinoa chili and tofu cannelloni recipes, and freeze the leftovers for later. It’s the same amount of work, and I get multiple meals in half the time!
- Here’s a list of all my freezer-friendly recipes.