When most people think of summer, they imagine a slice of watermelon, a tart glass of lemonade, or a bright popscicle. But not me. To me, nothing screams summer like a fresh and incredibly juicy Ontario peach. Lucky for me, they’re overflowing in little cardboard bushels just about everywhere this time of year.
A great way to enjoy fresh peaches (other than straight up), is to blend them into a cool shake. My mom used to make these for me growing up and they’re such an easy and refreshing way to use-up all those peaches.
- I recommend peeling the peaches, unless you have an amazing blender such as a Vitamix.
- I added a half banana because the shake didn’t seem thick enough on its own. You could add a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream for a really decadent shake.
- Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to make this into a hearty breakfast smoothie.
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled
- ½ banana
- 1 cup vegan milk (coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- Using a blender or hand blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Serve immediately.